These decodable books and puzzles are a great way to help your students improve their decoding skills, increase fluency and become better readers.
These Science of Reading Books are low prep and engaging.
- Your students will become fluent readers using these fun activities.
- Low Prep Required. Simply print and go.
- These activities will help your students practice the phonics patterns you're teaching them.
- Perfect for centers, homework, morning work, and more.
- Printable and Low Prep
- Perfect for Kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd Grade students
- CCSS and TEKS Aligned
- All the activities are organized by scope and sequence
- Full color or black & white (if you want to save up on ink)
Read what real teachers have said:
- Allison said: “I love using this resource for small group reading instruction! I love the numerous decodables included so I can have reading materials ready for all my students without having to open and search through a ton of different files."
- Caitlin said: "These have been fantastic as an activity for reading small groups, homework sheet or a baseline data for reading goals. This product has been wonderful."
- April said: "I am absolutely blown away by how comprehensive this product is. I am so happy I purchased it. Not only can I use it with struggling readers, but it can also be used with my dyslexic students as well. Thank you for a great product. Keep up the great work."
This download includes:
- PRINTABLE DECODABLE BOOKS:
- Printable Alphabet Books (available in color and black and white, 280+ pages in total, 26 books)
- Printable Decodable Books - Beginning Sounds and CVC Words (10 books, 148 pages in total, available in color and black and white)
- Printable Decodable Books - Blends and Digraphs (20 books, 248 pages in total, available in color and black and white)
- Printable Decodable Books - Short Vowels, Floss+z, Long Vowels, Vowel Teams, Diphthongs, and More (47 books, 305 pages, available in color and black and white)
- PRINTABLE DECODABLE PUZZLES:
- DIGITAL DECODABLE BOOKS:
- Digital Alphabet Books (280+ pages in total, 26 books) - Google Slides
- Digital Decodable Books - Beginning Sounds and CVC Words (10 books, 148 pages) - Google Slides
- Digital Decodable Books - Blends and Digraphs (20 books, 248 pages in total, available in color and black and white) - Google Slides
- Scope and Sequence
- Beginning Sounds
- Short Vowels
- Triple Blends
- Floss Rule
- Long Vowels (a_e, e_e, i_e, o_e, u_e)
- Vowel Teams ai/ay
- Vowel Teams ee/ea
- Vowel Teams oo (long o)
- Vowel Teams oa/ow
- Diphthongs oi/oy
- Diphthongs au/aw
- R Controlled Vowels - or
- R Controlled Vowels - ar
- R Controlled Vowels - er/ir/ur
- Silent Digraphs - kn
- Compound Words
- y saying /e/
- Sounds of y and igh
- 2 Syllables - ie
- Soft C
- Nasal Blends: ng, nk
- Soft g/dge
- ed /t/
- ed /d/
- ed /id/
- These decodable books are included in my SOR Curriculum: Unit 1 - Beginning Sounds and Unit 2 - Digraphs and Blends
You can reproduce the pages for classroom use only. The fonts I used are free for personal use. Duplication of this resource for commercial purposes or for the entire school is strictly forbidden.
I really appreciate you purchasing my teaching resources, and I hope you'll enjoy using them in your classroom.